HOMEOWNERS and RENTERSINSURANCE
Homeowners insurance? DID YOU KNOW THAT HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE DOES NOT COVER DAMAGES IF YOUR HOME IS FLOODED?
WHAT TYPE OF THINGS DOES HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE COVER?
- Replacing and/or repairing damage to your home and other structures like fences, sheds, driveways, bushes and shrubs.
- Loss of use coverage pays for you to stay some place else while your home is being repaired or rebuilt.
- Replacement cost coverage for personal property such as furniture, clothing, sporting goods, and electronics.
- Medical payments for those who get hurt or injured while visiting you.
- Liability insurance to cover things like dog bites, slander and libel.
- Stolen property from home or while away on vacation, even if your student is away at school.
- just to name a few.
Deductibles can run as low as $250 per occurence to as high as $2,500.00
You will enjoy peace of mind knowing that your prize possessions are protected from perils and disasters. Your home is your biggest investment, allow us to help you protect it with our homeowners insurance today.
WHY DO YOU NEED HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE?
If you are financing your home the bank or mortgage company will require you to carry homeowners insurance to cover your home in the event of a catastrophic loss due to a fire, a natural disaster, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, or any named peril. Homeowners insurance is designed to repair or replace your home. Beware! When purchasing homeowners insurance make sure you are covered for replacement cost and not ACV-actual cash value. What is the difference between replacement cost and ACV-actual cash value, see explanation below:
- Replacement cost - this is what the insurance company will pay to replace or repair damages and losses at today's price and cost for your home and personal possessions.
- ACV-actual cash value - this is what the insurance company pays you exactly what you paid for something many months or years ago minus the depreciation for your home and personal possessions.
Protect your apartment home with renters insurance. Enjoy some of the same great benefits as homeowners insurance. Benefits include things like loss of use, replacement value, and liability insurance. Take note on all exclusions on your policy.